Recommend on google

Recommend this page on GOOGLE
Follow me on twitter here..
Like Us on Facebook

Search this blog

Saturday, August 27

View, read and and extract files from .NBU (Nokia Backup Files)

If you have a Nokia mobile phone and have ever tried backing up data from your phone to PC, you’d have noticed the Nokia PC Suite creating a file called .NBU that contains a backup of your data. These .NBU files can be restored to your phone later using the PC Suite itself but the bottom-line is that you can’t extract pieces of data from that file.
What i mean is you can create an .NBU backup and restore it completely to your phone afterward. But you just can’t read an individual SMS message, contacts list data, graphic or theme from that backup. That means it’s pretty useless from one point of view. You could even face problems if you try to restore the backup to a phone of a different model.

Is there a way to make these files readable, you ask?
The answer is YES. I myself encountered an error in my Nokia phone and my phone won't start. But luckily I had a backup file saved by the format of .NBU , but yes I couldn't use it till I recovered the data back to my phone.

This problem can be solved. Well thanks to the third party software called 'Noki' . By installing that software it's possible to view individual graphics, messages, drafts, contacts and other data from your backed up .NBU file. What’s more, you could even extract this data into a simple format. For instance, you could convert your contacts into a simple .csv/text/html file. Cool, isn’t it?

You can download the setup for NOKI here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...