Recommend on google

Recommend this page on GOOGLE
Follow me on twitter here..
Like Us on Facebook

Search this blog

Monday, November 26

Password protect any program

Have you ever missed a feature in windows to lock any application you do not wish others to use. I know there are softwares available that allows you to lock a particular folder, but how about locking a program such that when someone tries to open Google Chrome on your computer, he requires a password. Maybe you have some bookmarks or active logins to your personal sites... ; - )

Even I missed this feature and after some searching I stumbled upon this software EXE password. Yes..as the name suggests you can lock any exe file on your system in a really simple way..

Firstly download this software HERE.

Install it, and when it runs for the first time it will ask for a key. Register using the key given in the notepad file. OK, now we are good to go.

Step 1.> 
Launch the software, and select the desired .exe file from anywhere on your computer. I am selecting my favorite Firefox browser from my desktop..(you may click the image to enlarge)


Step 2.>
Type the desired password and then re-enter to confirm it. Now click 'Next' and you will see a successful confirmation dialog and now my Firefox browser is password protected. No one except me can access it. :-D


Step 3.>
What's the point of a lock when you can't unlock it. Well, here is a way to reverse the process.
Start the program EXE password again and select the desired .exe file again(firefox in my case).
You will now see different options if the same file is selected.
Chose to delete the password or change it as per your wish and you are good to go...



Do give this wonderful software a try.... :)


WARNING: For totally new computer users, please do not lock any files from the System32 folder, they contain necessary files to keep windows running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...